Geschreven door Tiany Kiriloff
A couple of weeks ago I decided to hop on the Eurostar to spend a weekend in lovely London. It was ages ago since I had last visited the British capital and I secretly needed a little break from mommy life with hubby dear.
To my delight festive season had already hit the city and that made our stay extra magical, as Christmas in London is quite exceptional.
I had forgotten how amazing the twinkling streets of London become during the Christmas period and how great it is to get lost in the fabulous shops that this outrageous city has to offer.
I adore everything about the typical British lifestyle, their teatime & scones, the entire tailor-made culture, their black cabs and double decker busses. Their gigantic department stores filled with heaps of fashion goodness, the majestic buildings and the mind-boggling architecture that defines the city of Westminster…
Now that I’m back in Belgium, I can’t wait to schedule yet another trip to explore the beautiful streets and discover new amazing places to be.
As you know London is huge, so it’s always wise to scan neighbouring areas.
This time we booked a stay at The Marylebone Hotel, which I strongly recommend if you want an excellent spa, comforting rooms and a terrific breakfast. We decided to explore the districts of Marylebone and Mayfair; excellent neighborhoods for some great Christmas shopping.
Check out Marylebone High Street with shops as Matches Fashion (yes, the famous online shop) and Anthropologie, great for goodies to decorate your home. Dream away in luxurious New Bond Street, the Christmas decoration are a fabulous feast for your eyes.
- Sketch: the perfect mix between good food, art and design and the place to be if you love pink. Their high tea is, according to me, absolutely delicious and must visit.
- Opso: check it out if you’re in the Marylebone district and if you like Greek food. The interior is also stunning.
- Chiltern Firehouse: this place is fabulous and the food is delicious. Reservations are a must as this is currently London’s most popular spot. Chances you bump into a celebrity are big at Chilltern Firehouse.
- Monocle Cafe: for a great cup of coffee and the latest edition of the fabulous Monocle magazine. Also, do try their chocolate chip cookies… Heaven!
- Dover Street Market: get lost in the designer heaven of this multi brand store with an exceptional and quirky selection of the greatest brands worldwide.
- Liberty’s: still one of my favorite department stores located in an iconic old-age building just off the famou Regent Street
- Selfridges: legendary and tremendous… filled with everything your fashion heart desires.
- The Shop at Bluebird: exceptional fashion for him & her, but also amazing beauty products and a lovely selection of lifestyle goodies. This place is inspirational and the place to be if you want to discover new brands.
- If you like cosy on a Sunday, then you must visit the Columbia Road Flower Market.
- Pay the Ralph Lauren Flagship store in New Bond Street a visit, their shop is exceptional and so are their windows.
- Scent the beauty of the exquisite Jo Malone fragrances.
- Walk through Mount Street, probably one of London’s most beautiful streets with luxury boutiques of designer brands like Marni and Céline.
- Indulge into the luxurious stationary of Smythson; you can have everything personalized, which makes it a great gift.