Keep your beach hair alive after summer
Geschreven door Jill Shaw
Not only do I take good care of my hair and skin by eating lots of fruits, veggies, proteins and by drinking a lot of water, I often use a mask or oil to soften it too.
I believe in natural products and the DIY-bowls full of avocado mash, argan, olive and nut oil are my weekly cheap and magic treat. Now and then, I love to use a hair-treatment kit by Kevin Murphy too, and I’ll tell you why. "Skincare for your hair" is their motto!
This sums up everything I need in a good product. Not only their respect for mother nature but also their natural ingrediënts made me fall in love with the Kevin Murphy products. As an ocean girl, mermaid being and conscious nature lover this is all I long for.
I spend hours and hours in the salty ocean with the sun burning on my back. One thing is for sure: my locks don’t come out very soft and silky!
Here’s what I do:
- I’m a blondie and my hair is very brittle. I get the best results with the “Blonde Angel”.
- My secret is the alternation between a few different shampoos. My second favorite wash is “Young again”. It makes your dry hair soft and smooth again.
- I already have natural beach waves but for those who want a little more volume: “Hair resort spray” is your tool!
- A hair mask sure does magic, but don’t use it too often! Because that way it will lose its effect and it will make your hair look lifeless. Whatever shampoo you chose: it comes with a matching mask. Yay!
- Just when you would think I’m done with my hair routine, that’s when the styling part comes up. Usually I let my hair dry just in the open air and I finish it by adding some oil or leave-in treatment. The oil itself makes your hair young again and gives it a shimmering shine. Leave in treatment makes it smooth again.
- Having a less exotic or typical Belgian rainy day? Or had a crazy party last night? My tip: Don’t wash it again! That’s just not good for your beautiful hair. Me, I try to was my hair only two times a week. And when I go for a a daily surf session I just coil and spoil it with cold water and a strong conditioner or oil. The solution for your problem? The dry cleaner of KV called “Fresh hair”.