In Buddha we trust!
Geschreven door Tiany Kiriloff
Receiving or giving yourself a piece of jewellery is - unlike a garment - a moment that you will always cherish.
I still remember buying my very first Buddha to Buddha, a bold and chunky bracelet, rather masculine, just how I like my jewellery. I remember it as one of my first real acquisitions in the life of working Miss Kirilove, as I had saved up for it from my very first salaries, to reward myself for actually having made it to grown-up life. So when the invite of Dutch brand Buddha to Buddha arrived with the question to join them on an extraordinary experience, I obviously squealed yaay!
Giving us an unforgettable experience was also exactly what the peeps at Buddha to Buddha had in mind, as they decided to take Jilly and I on a mind-boggling adventure to the fabulous Isle of Ibiza to acquaint with the Buddha to Buddha limited edition bracelets. A series of beautiful serial numbered and extremely limited silver and bone bracelets currently available on their webshop.
Buddha to Buddha has been around ever since 1997, when the Amsterdam based brand decided to launch their collection of bold unisex jewellery inspired by a more conscious way of life and with an extended respect and love towards the craftsmanship of the Balinese artists with whom they work. Every piece is made by hand and is thus in many ways unique and to celebrate that they decided to launch an even more exclusive range called Buddha to Buddha Limited which we had the opportunity of experiencing in the sultry weather of Ibiza.
Our encounters with Buddha to Buddha were documented by our beloved mister Dirk Alexander in a series of outfits that Jill and I will soon be presenting to you. In the meantime, please do get carried away by the beauty of Ibiza in this little video I cooked up for you.
Ibiza spots to visit according to Kirilove
- La Granja: beautiful hotel and magnificent spot to eat
- La Paloma Resto: good food in a lovely soulful place
- Los Enamorados: great hotel, good food and amazing vintage.. a bit pricey, but then again #Yolo
- Max & Jan by Jeffrey’s: colours and hippy stuff is all you need
- El Chiringuito Beach: see and be seen at this cosmopolite beach
- Experimental Beach: epic place for sunset views and lovely little café & resto
- Cala Bonita: with a healthy food hotspot
- Ses Boques: fresh fish in a no nonsense setting… life is good!
More to come so keep an eye on our further Ibiza stories!