5 Things you should know about the shows
Geschreven door Tiany Kiriloff
I'm officially back in Paris today and I would like to share my knowledge about the Fashion Weeks with you.
- Fashion shows are always running fashionably late, up to 40 minutes late is not a rarity at all.
- A fashion show lasts approximately 10 minutes; preparations however will take hours, days and even weeks.
- Venues are all over the city … There’s a lot going on in the so-called Espace Ephemère, located in the Jardin des Tuileries. Palais de Tokyo is also a very popular venue. Then there’s the Grand Palais, where Chanel always hosts their show and my favourite venue is the beautiful and amazing Opera Garnier de Paris, where Stella McCartney shows her amazing collection.
- Truckloads of people are involved during a show: obviously there are the models, stylists, the designer, hairdressers and make-up artists … But there’s also people dressing the models, set builders, music creators, PR agents, publicists responsible for celebs, casting directors, choreographers, a gigantic technical team, security people, the catering personnel and so many more people involved in these 10 minutes of fashion extravaganza.
- Invites are personally delivered to your address in Paris, most of them are written in calligraphy, which makes them little pieces of art.
If you want a very interesting inside view on all things fashion during these Fashion Weeks please do download the “The Day Before” reports by Loic Prigent on iTunes as they offer you heaps of super interesting information.